Hardly dark...and not yet stormy in July.
Happy hour time is upon us. Before I head out to dine on sushis, I thought I would share a recent cocktail that has come across my way... The Dark and Stormy!
Though the suns shine and the birds chirp here in the 'natchee, we get a little hot when we occasionally step out of our air conditioned box.
So, on a recent trip to DeLaurenti's, I came across some ginger beer that made me think of this classic beverage.
Please engage in cocktail mode, and make one for yourself!
- Garner some ice cubes and throw them into a glass. Use reckless abandon.
- Pour 2oz of dark rum ( I experimented with a rum from Barbados, which is a bit lighter than the traditional, perhaps, Jamaican rum used) into a cocktail shaker. Use a water bottle from a local european cycling touring company if you should lack a shaker.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon wedge and 1 lime wedge, leave citrus carcass in the glass for good measure
- Top off with a ginger beer. (commercially available bevies come in 6.8 FL oz.)
- Garnish with a lime wheel
- Dont be afraid to top yourself off with a rum floater. Heh!
- Serve in Provençal Bee Tumblers
Todd likes it...